- 12 ounces chow mein noodles, cooked a minute shy of the directions
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce, or 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce + 1 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar and a pinch of ground anise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook chow mien noodles one minute shy of package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok on high heat. Add canola oil and cabbage. Cook cabbage for 2 to minutes until wilted.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce (or homemade substitute), oyster sauce, and water and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Then add in the chow mein and bean sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, serve Classic Chinese Chow Mein immediately and enjoy!