- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
These classic egg salads are so fresh and very delicious. Although some believe that the simplest dishes like this egg salad are often the hardest to get right, this classic egg salad might just be perfect for the narration. Albeit, the taste, flavor and the creaminess of the egg salad will surely draw you close. The classic egg salad is a healthy meal, and its nutritional content gives the calories value to be 214. The preparation time for the classic egg salad is about 25 minutes. The ingredients that make the classic egg salad classic are eggs, celery, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice (you can use wine vinegar in its stead), Worcestershire sauce, salt, ground black pepper, sugar, sliced scallions, and chopped fresh parsley.
- To make the classic egg salad, make sure the eggs are boil over high heat. To the cooked eggs clean, gently crack the eggs and peel under running water.
- Make sure you finely chop the fresh parsley and celery as they add the crunchy taste and color to the classic egg salad. Boil the eggs and chop the eggs into tiny pieces and set aside into a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Then, add pieces of eggs chopped, sliced celery, diced scallions, and parsley. Use a spatula to combine the mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste. You can take the egg salad with a loaf of thick sliced bread, lettuce wrap, and French dip. It is better to take the egg salad instantly as keeping it overnight without refrigerating will make it watery.
The classic egg salad is freezer-friendly, so that is a plus. Make sure to taste and adjust the seasoning after it is out of the freezer. There you have the delicious classic egg salad.