You could have meringues. You could have macaroons. But isn't it more fun to have Coconut and Vanilla Meringaroons?! Give them a try!
- Firstly, Pre-heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Get a standing mixer bowl extremely clean. There can be no grease, water, or impurities in the mixing bowl or on the whisk attachment. Begin whisking the egg whites and salt at medium speed.
- While still on medium, add the sugar in a slow steady stream and then move the speed to high to incorporate all the sugar. The mixture will get very glossy and the peaks will begin to stiffen. Scrape the sides down if needed.
- Then add cornstarch with the machine at low speed, followed by vinegar and vanilla. Stop mixing when stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold in coconut flakes.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, either pipe or spoon small silver dollar sized mound with about an inch in between.
- Place the pans in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 300 Fahrenheit. Cook for 1 hour without opening the oven. After the hour take a meringaroon out and test it. It may require another 20-30 minutes to reach the perfect texture, which is a crunchy chewy feel.
- Once the texture is reached, remove from oven, served with chocolate sauce, and cut fruit and enjoy!