Coconut Banana Cream Pie
Serves: 10 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can Andre Prost Coconut Milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 pre-made chocolate or graham cracker pie shell
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
Everyone loves a good coconut cream pie--it's a classic! Why not put a twist on that classic with this truly scrumptious Coconut Banana Cream Pie! You know the secret ingredient? Andre Prost Coconut Milk. Find it in the baking aisle!
- In a medium saucepan, combine Andre Prost Coconut Milk, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, heavy cream and salt. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken. Mix in vanilla extract and toasted coconut flakes. Remove from heat.
- Pour coconut custard into pre-made pie shell and cover with banana slices. Refrigerate until firm.
- When firm, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes. Serve and enjoy!