Enjoy this mouthwatering and easy-to-make Southern dessert: a rich and moist coconut butter pecan cake finished off with sweet buttermilk pecan glaze. With summer approaching, it's the perfect treat to bring to a barbecue or a party, or even to eat with your morning coffee.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, frosting, eggs, oil, and half-and-half; mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the mixture; stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the butter pecan glaze, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add condensed milk; stir. Heat thoroughly, then add remaining 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Stir again to combine and then remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over individual slices of cake or spread over the entire cake (recommended) and enjoy!