- 1 1/2 tablespoon mango preserves
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or chili sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 15.5 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 batch Coconut Cauliflower Bites
- 1 bunch kale stemmed removed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- Cilantro, chives, and/or dill for garnish
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sometimes we look around thinking for a light meal or something that is not that heavy for our stomach. A salad, pasta, or something fancier but yet delicious. Cauliflower has become a loved vegetable for its versatility and for all the things we can make with it. We are making an all-natural recipe, with cauliflower, vegetables, and a spicy mango vinaigrette. Just writing about it makes my mouth water. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it with regular and easy to find ingredients, and if not they can be easily replaced by similar ones. It can be made as a nice meal and goes for up to 4 servings.
- For our Spicy Mango Vinaigrette, we are going to be using mango preserves, wine vinegar, dijon mustard, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- For the dish, we will be using white or brown rice, black beans, coconut cauliflower bites, kale, cherry tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper, cilantro, some lemon juice, and salt and pepper for seasoning. For this recipe we are going to be using coconut cauliflower bites but, could be replaced by roasted cauliflower or a fajita mix of bell peppers and onions. To make the coconut cauliflower bites we are going to use the cauliflower florets and place it in a medium bowl and add coconut milk.
- Let it marinate for two hours, making sure it's well submerged with the milk. Then we are going to blend coconut flakes and mix it with the panko bread crumbs. In a separate bowl, we are mixing the flour, salt, and pepper. In a third bowl, we will mix the beaten eggs.
- Now we are taking the cauliflower from the coconut milk and dipping it with the flour, then with the egg mixture, and lastly into the breadcrumb mix. Place them in the baking sheet and repeat with all the florets. Bake it for 30 minutes or until it is golden.
- Then we get going with the spicy mango vinaigrette mixing all our ingredients and seasoning with salt and pepper. We whisk together mango preserve, mustard, white wine vinegar, and hot sauce. After that we want to serve our cooked rice into 4 bowls and top it with our cauliflower bites (roasted cauliflowers or tortillas) to it we add black beans, kale, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- We garnish with some fresh herbs and some lemon juice. To finish we drill some of our spicy mango vinaigrette and serve right away. It’s a nice and quick recipe that bases on leftover and things that we should have in our fridge or pantry, some leftover rice, chopped vegetables and we can either choose to make the coconut cauliflower bites which will add texture and flavor to our dish or simply make roasted cauliflower, still will bring that sweet and nutty flavor to our dish.
- On top of that, we add the spicy mango sauce which will bring heat and season to our vegetables and rice. This is a tasty and healthy recipe that is worth making, is a nice cauliflower bowl full of flavor and more.