Try something fun for dinner tonight with these Coconut Crusted Chicken Bites! They're sweet, spicy, and totally delicious.
- Start by cutting your cubes of chicken.
- Pour the oil in a deep pot so that the chicken has enough oil to fry in (about 2 inches). Bring the oil up the 365-375 slowly.
- Add the horseradish to the orange marmalade for the dipping sauce. Add more or less horseradish depending on the spicy you want the sauce. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch, chili pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Drop the cubed chicken in the cornstarch mixture and coat well. Remove extra cornstarch and drop into eggs, covering all the chicken in egg wash. Remove the chicken from the egg and one at a time crust them in the coconut flakes.
- Check the oil to ensure it has reached the correct temperature. When your oil is ready carefully place 6-8 pieces of chicken in the oil one at a time. Use tongs or a spoon the rotate the chicken and make sure none are burning or getting too brown.
- After about 4-5 minutes the chicken will be fully cooked and your coconut will be golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Garnish with sliced scallions, serve Coconut Crusted Chicken Bites with dipping sauce and enjoy!