Whether it's for your BFF, your sister, your lover, or your brother from another mother, we've got just the thing for a semi-homemade V-day surprise: cake mix sugar cookies!
It's easy to get creative with these candy-colored treats, and even easier to share the love with your crew. Don't be afraid to get personal; these cookies are made for inside jokes.
- If you're scared of piping frosting onto these cookies, cover them in sprinkles instead! Just make sure you put them on before the cookies bake.
- Still, craving some frosting but need an easier solution? Cover these cookies in our Organic Vanilla Frosting and then cover in sprinkles.
Miss Jones Baking Co.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and egg. Add in cake mix and stir until well-blended, using your hands to work through any dry spots and form the dough into a ball. At this point, you can move to the next step or tightly wrap the dough and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it.
- Roll out dough on a piece of parchment or wax paper. If the dough is sticky, coat the dough and rolling the pin with flour.
- Cut out desired shapes and place them on a sheet pan. If using sprinkles to decorate, put them on your cookies now. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and remove from oven (cookies will not brown). Let cool completely and then decorate as desired.