- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon + 6 teaspoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract; beat. Add flour mixture; mix until cookie dough forms.
- Divide cookie dough in half. Take one half and divide it evenly into two bowls. To one bowl, add cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder; mix. To the other, add 6 teaspoons cocoa powder; mix. You should end up with white, light brown, and dark brown cookie dough. Cover bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dark brown dough into a long, flat rectangle. Roll light brown dough into a long cylinder, the same width as the flat rectangle. Place cylinder onto the rectangle and wrap sides of the rectangle up and over the cylinder, making sure its ends do not meet. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cover prep surface with flour and roll out white dough. Remove brown dough roll from the freezer and cut it into thin slices. Shape slices into leopard spots and spread over white dough. Cover with plastic and roll out dough. Remove plastic and cut dough with a circle cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!