Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 5 oz. colored marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and turbinado sugar.
- Mix until combined and stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix again, and stir in the baking powder, flour, and oats.
- Mix until soft dough forms and transfer half of the dough into an 8x8 inch brownie pan and spread it out.
- Top it with marshmallows and add the remaining another half of the dough. Smooth it out.
- Bake in the already preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool for 15 minutes before serving.