- ¾ cup rice
- ¾ cup pinto beans
- ½ whole avocado
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red cabbage or romaine, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup vegan cheese, shredded – optional
- 1 tortilla, extra large
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper , to taste
Copycat Chipotle Veggie Fajita Burrito is one of the simplest dishes to make. However, the length of the name can turn one-off, but don't let it fool you! The burrito can serve as the main course for lunch and dinner. The yummy fillings are tender and flavourful and, the large tortilla gives the dish the sweet and tasty covering.
You will need chopped cilantro, chopped cabbage, salsa, large tortilla, shredded vegan cheese, lime, avocado, white rice, canned pinto beans, red onion, oil, sliced green bell pepper, salt, and pepper. The total preparation time is 25 minutes. Cook the white rice and season with salt, pepper, and any sauce you want. We prefer to stop at just salt and pepper. Heat the beans for one minute in a microwave. For the guacamole, make sure you have avocado, lime, juice, salt, and pepper. Make the fajita veggies by sautéing are diced green bell peppers and red onion in oil, and season with enough salt and pepper.
The preparation is quite easy as it involves assembling the rice, beans, guacamole, fajita veggies, mashed avocado, cilantro, cabbage, salsa, and warm tortilla (after microwaving it for less than a minute). Roll up the tortilla into a burrito shape and serve with hot sauce or extra guacamole and salsa. Squeeze a lime over the top for an extra bright flavor. Enjoy!
- Make the rice first, Mexican rice, Cilantro rice or go with plain white or brown rice. If using plain rice, just be sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Use canned pinto beans for ease! Drain and rinse. Pour into a small bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until warm. Add the vegan cheese over top for the last thirty seconds of heating. Stovetop method could also be used.
- Add the avocado, along with lime juice to a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and Mash. Add more salt to taste if desired.
- Optional guac ingredients include: minced garlic, finely chopped onion or even garlic or onion powder.
- Warm a skillet over high heat. Add the oil and veggies. Saute for 3-4 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Turn off heat and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Warm in microwave for about 10-15 seconds to soften. Oven could also be used.
- Add rice, beans, fajita veggies, mashed avocado, cilantro, cabbage or romaine, salsa to taste, and optional vegan cheese shreds.
- Add a squeeze of lime over top everything for extra bright flavor. Also optional: vegan sour cream.
- Roll up tortilla into burrito shape. Slice and serve with additional salsa or hot sauce on the side.