Sweet Odense Almond Paste combined with tart cranberries and oats make these squares a flavorful breakfast treat or snack.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper so sides overhang. (This helps to lift the whole cake out for cutting into squares.)
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine grated Odense Almond Paste, sugar, butter, flour, almond meal/flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Process until the texture of small crumbs. (This step can be done with a pastry blender, but the texture will not be as fine.) Pour contents into a large bowl.
- In the same food processor (don't wash out), combine oats, cranberries, and orange rind. Process until roughly chopped. Add to almond mixture and mix.
- Add yogurt and eggs to the processor and mix until well-combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat with a spoon until dough forms. Add dough to the pan and evenly press into the same thickness.
- If desired, brush the top with milk and sprinkle it with sugar. Bake for 28 to 32 minutes until the top is golden and firm to touch. Cool on the wire rack.