Serves: 4-6 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes plus Chilling Time
For the Crust:
- 2 cup ground belVita Cranberry Orange Breakfast Biscuits
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups fresh whole milk ricotta, drained if it seems too watery
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ can jellied cranberry sauce
- Sugared whole cranberries, garnish
- Rosemary, garnish
- Melted white chocolate, garnish (optional)
- Make the Crusts: In a food processor, add the belVita Cranberry Orange Breakfast Biscuits and grind until a fine crumble and you have 2 cups. Add the melted butter and pulse on and off, just until the butter is incorporated into the mixture.
- Place 6 (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms on a baking sheet. Divide the belVita Cranberry Orange Breakfast Biscuits mixture evenly among the tart pans, pressing the crust firmly against the sides and bottoms. Set aside.
- Make the Filling: In a medium-size bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and stir vigorously until the mixture is very creamy.
- To Assemble: Place the tart pans on a baking sheet, carefully pour the cheese mixture just until it reaches the top of the crust.
- Bake the tarts in a preheated 325 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Let them cool slightly before topping with cranberry sauce.
- Warm Cranberry Sauce: While tarts are in the oven, place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Add the canned cranberry sauce and slowly melt until smooth.
- When tarts have cooled slightly, spoon cranberry sauce over top and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Garnish with sugared cranberries, rosemary and decorate with white chocolate (if desired).
- Remove tarts from pans just before serving.