Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced bread
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/8 cup white wine (can substitute water)
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley and chives
- 4 ounces crab meat
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced green onion
- 1/3 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
If you're looking for the perfect summer dish, then we've got you covered with these Cream Cheese Crab Cakes. Trust us when we say they're worth the extra effort! If you're making for a larger group, double or triple the quantities, and try making smaller crab cakes. It's so versatile!
For the Crab Cakes:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened, but not caramelized.
- Add white wine and Old Bay Seasoning, and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes. And add chicken stock and simmer for an additional two minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, dijon mustard, sriracha, mayonnaise, parsley, and chives and stir until well mixed.
- In a larger bowl, add together the diced bread, 4 ounces of crab meat, egg mixture, and onion mixture. Stir together until everything is combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix cream cheese, green onions, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a handful of crab cake mixture and form it into a ball. Add 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture and press into the crab cake. Shape into a flat circle with your hands.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes and cook for five minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, serve with garnishes of your choice and enjoy!