- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced bread
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/8 cup white wine (can substitute water)
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley and chives
- 4 ounces crab meat
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced green onion
- 1/3 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Crab Cakes:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened, but not caramelized.
- Add white wine and Old Bay Seasoning, and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes. And add chicken stock and simmer for an additional two minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, dijon mustard, sriracha, mayonnaise, parsley, and chives and stir until well mixed.
- In a larger bowl, add together the diced bread, 4 ounces of crab meat, egg mixture, and onion mixture. Stir together until everything is combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix cream cheese, green onions, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a handful of crab cake mixture and form it into a ball. Add 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture and press into the crab cake. Shape into a flat circle with your hands.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes and cook for five minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, serve with garnishes of your choice and enjoy!