- 24 wonton wrappers
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Canola oil, for frying
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Lay one wonton wrapper in a diamond shape. Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of Nutella in the center of the wonton wrapper. Brush one side with egg wash and fold the wonton over to create a triangle. Continue until all wrappers are filled.
- Over high heat, fill a deep skillet with canola oil, about halfway. When it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit, add wontons in, frying small batches for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure to flip the wontons occasionally so they fry evenly.
- Remove fried Nutella wontons from oil and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate. If desired, top with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve alongside chocolate dipping sauce and enjoy!