- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Fine sea salt
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Scant ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For Garnish: 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, chives and/or green onions
There is nothing better than a warm, creamy soup for those cold days or for when we are feeling a little under the weather. While using a nontraditional ingredient, we will make a creamy, without cream soup that is so creamy that you won’t believe there isn’t any cheese or cream in it.
The good thing about this recipe is that it's done with just basic ingredients that add rich flavors to the soup. It can be served with salads and sandwiches or you can eat it by itself, either way, this soup will definitely warm you up. And it’s gluten-free, so no worry about dairy or anything else, this is good for vegans as well as dairy-free consumers by just replacing the butter with cashews.
And for special flavors we can use nutmeg and lemon juice, this will add an extra kick to our soup, which probably won’t be easily detected, but will lie underneath the soup and will help our flavors kick in. As for our final touch, we want to garnish our nice-looking soup with something fresh, to play with our contrasts and colors, parsley, green onions, and chives are a good choice to garnish our soup.
Easy to make soup with ingredients that anyone can have at home, no special tools, no rare ingredients, just what you have, make this for those cool nights, or rainy days, or just as we say if you feeling under the blues, or for a hangover this warm creamy soup will warm you up and get you back on track. It’s creamy, it’s yummy, it’s easy to make, you can make it as an entrance for another meal as its so easy to make and will leave a good taste.
And make sure you roast your cauliflower to get that extra flavor from them, as just boiled ones, won’t add it. You can even use the same roasted cauliflowers for garnish, while not everyone will eat it, it will still look cute and if you get a bite of it with the soup, I'm sure you will want to eat it too.
- The first thing to do for creamy exterior is to roast the cauliflower, this adds extra flavor to the mix with a hint of caramelized notes, so arrange the cauliflowers in a baking pan and let them roast in the oven.
- The next step is to enhance the flavor of the cauliflower, for this, saute onions and garlic in a pot and then add some vegetable broth.
- Until golden, after that bring the roasted cauliflower and lower the heat so the ingredients can stew together enhancing the flavors, leaving it for 20 minutes.
- Pouring the soup content to a blender, add butter, make sure everything is well blended and smooth once get it out of the blender, so blend everything together.