Skip to content
- 1 large jalapeño with ribs and seeds
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lb firm white fish like cod
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup light beer, such as Corona
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8 tortilla shells
- Cilantro and feta cheese for topping
Crispy Fish Tacos with Jalapeño Sauce
- Add all the jalapeño sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cut the fish into 2-3 inch pieces and dry with paper towels.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk cornmeal, chili powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg and then the beer and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot until it reaches 350°F (180°C). The fish should be partially submerged while frying.
- Dip each piece of fish in the plain flour, then the batter, then transfer to the hot oil. Fry on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt while still hot; let cool slightly.
- Assemble your tacos: add a few pieces of fish, cilantro and cheese into a tortilla shell and top with jalapeño sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.