Serves: 8 people
Prep Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 8 large croissants , cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup strawberries , diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Jessica's Natural Foods Gluten - Free Vanilla Maple Granola
- Powdered sugar , for finishing
- Whipped cream , for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Mixed berries, for garnish
- Butter a 4 to 5 quart rectangular or oval baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together half and half, vanilla, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Dip croissant halves into mixture until fully coated.
- Arrange the bottom half of the croissants into the prepared casserole, overlapping slightly.
- Add about 3/4 cup (total) of strawberries and blueberries on top of the croissant layer.
- Top with the other half of the croissants and pour the remaining milk and egg mixture over the casserole. Press croissants into mixture to absorb.
- Sprinkle the remaining berries over the top of the casserole and top with Jessica's Natural Foods Gluten - Free Vanilla Maple Granola. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. And remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and let stand at room temperature.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into wedges, and serve with whipped cream, maple syrup and more berries.