- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf challah bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, or nut of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut the bread into 1” by 3-4” slices. If the bread is sliced you should be able to get 3 sticks per slice.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Drop bread in egg mixture and coat thoroughly. Cover the coated bread with chopped nuts. Repeat until sticks are coated and covered.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. When butter begins to bubble, gently add 4 to 5 french toast sticks at a time to cook. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side, or until the nuts look golden brown. Repeat so all are cook.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, fruit, and enjoy! If you’re serving them later, place them in the fridge and reheat them at 450 Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes.