- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon Green Garden Organic Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 ½ cups dried sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Slowly add warm water and gently mix until the dough starts to come together. Add in Green Garden Organic Freeze Dried Basil, chopped sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the dough from the bowl and shape it into a ball. Coat a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball in the middle and cover with a towel. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl and punch down the dough. Gently fold the dough over itself and knead back into a ball. Place in a small bowl, seam side down, and cover with a towel. Let rise again until doubled in size. When it has doubled in size, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place the empty dutch oven inside.
- Once the oven is preheated, remove dough from the bowl and place it on parchment paper. Score a slit in the middle with a sharp knife, then carefully place it in the hot dutch oven. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the lid off and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the crust is golden and crispy.
- Let cool before serving and slicing.