This recipe will transport you right to the shores of Asia with its delicious melody of complex flavors.
For the Sauce:
For the Chicken:
- Combine minced garlic and ginger root in a small bowl with a tablespoon of STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Sauté this mixture along with the chopped onion in a pan, cook until onions are translucent, and then add chopped tomato and allow to simmer for roughly 8 minutes.
- Add seasonings and plain yogurt, stir to combine.
- Mix in coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place in blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
For the Rice:
- Heat oil in a large skillet (add some minced garlic, minced ginger root, and butter for added flavor) and sauté chicken with some salt until lightly browned.
- Add curry powder, ground turmeric, and ground cumin to the pan and continue to simmer. (You can also add the stick of cinnamon and bay leaves for additional flavor.)
- Then add the sauce and stir until combined.
- Stir the mixture well and cook over medium-low heat to allow the sauce to reduce and the flavors blend.
- Wash the rice to remove the starch. To do so, put it in a bowl, let it stand a few minutes, and drain.
- Repeat until the water comes out clean.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and cook rice for about 15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- In conclusion, Place cooked rice on a plate and top with chicken. Drizzle additional curry sauce over the top.
- Serve Curry Chicken.