- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cooked crockpot chicken breasts
- 1 tart apple
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced chives
This Curry Chicken Salad is tender and creamy. It works well for a lunch salad or sandwich. Either way you serve it, just know you are in for a special treat! What a perfect recipe for a picnic! It's just a matter of time before this Curry Chicken Salad turns to your favorite. If you need a friendly meal to pack for your children when going to school, Curry Chicken Salad is your best option. It contains protein and healthy fats; it is also delicious.
What an all-in-one meal you should try out. It is a great make-ahead dish for entertaining your guests, loved ones, and friends. What makes this classic curry chicken salad so special? There is no fuss in making it! Feel free to serve it on crackers as an appetizer, a crustless finger sandwich, or a rectangular plate accompanied by rice, peas, diced raw cucumber, and finely chopped mixed herbs with French dressing. To prepare this salad, you will need mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, yellow curry powder, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and tart apple that has been peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces.
You will also need cooked crockpot chicken breasts that have been cut into bite-size chunks, chopped celery, roasted salted cashews, raisins, and sliced chives. Begin by whisking mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper together. Then add the chicken breast along with chopped apple, celery, cashews, raisins, and chives. Stir until everything combines together, and well coated. Finally, refrigerate the curry chicken salad for about 1-2 hours to meld the flavor and plump the raisins. Serve and enjoy it!
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper. It should have a relatively thin texture, like buttermilk.
- Add the chicken breast, chopped apple, celery, cashews, raisins, and chives. Stir well to coat.
- Ideally, refrigerate the salad for an hour or two before serving, so the flavors can meld and the raisins can plump. Then enjoy!