- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Organic Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5–6 corn tortillas, baked
- 1 10 oz. bag dairy-free chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
Tacos are the sweetheart of the hour, the flame of the day, the heartthrob of comfort foods. Oh, how we love you, our little taco addiction. But wait! There’s more?! You bet your crunchy tortilla, there’s more! Tacos filled with ice cream! Gasp! Topped with melted chocolate! Gasp! Organic, vegan and gluten free! Be still, our beating hearts! This recipe shows us that healthier desserts can be enjoyable and tasty. These dessert tacos have texture and flavor, without a bunch of additives. The preparation time is worth the effort.
We have the satisfaction of knowing we’re feeding better ingredients to our loved ones. And without skimping on taste! A little bit of prepping before assembling the desserts will make the process easier. Some sort of holder to keep the taco shells upright is a great help. Don’t forget to make sure there is room in the freezer. Have all the toppings chopped, cut or shredded. Nuts, coconut, seeds and chips are a few options to choose from. The ice cream needs to be firm when filing the shells. Be careful to completely fill, but not to the point of breaking.
Melted chocolate and toppings will be added to the firm ice cream, which immediately needs to go into the freezer. Otherwise, a melted mess will be the reward. Once the ingredients are completely frozen, serve and enjoy! Our love for tacos has climbed to a higher level. Taco love in every form is the epitome of comfort food love.
- Bake the corn tortillas, Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place baked corn tortillas in a taco holder and fill with chocolate ice cream.
- Carefully press the ice cream into the baked tortillas to fill completely to the taco edge and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Place tacos on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes until solid again.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate on the stovetop. Pour contents of the bag (reserving 1/4 cup for topping) into a small saucepan and heat over medium low until fully melted. Transfer to a large heat-safe bowl.
- Remove the tacos from the freezer and pour melted chocolate over the top rim of each taco shell, encasing the chocolate ice cream completely. Once you have an even chocolate layer, quickly sprinkle your desired toppings on the chocolate before it melts.
- Place the chocolate covered tacos back on the baking sheet and place back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes, until firm. Remove from the freezer and serve immediately.