- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup whole spelt flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
If you’ve ever had zucchini muffins, whole wheat zucchini bread, and zucchini chocolate brownies (saved the best for last) you’d agree with me that zucchini has to be one of the best add-in options for baking. Zucchini pairs so beautifully with chocolate and adds that extra fudgy texture and moistness to your baking and that’s what makes chocolate brownies infused with a touch of zucchini exceptional.
The thought of this yummy, ooey-gooey delight alone brings tears of joy to my face. Chocolate Zucchini brownies are fudgy and irresistible; all thanks to the presence of luscious dark chocolate frosting. This recipe is really easy to make; you can melt the chocolate in the microwave and if you have a stand mixer, it only gets easier. Place your eggs and sugar in the stand mixer and allow to whip while you go ahead and shred your zucchini. Throw some chocolate chips into the brownie batter to add the extra kick in and voila! The ultimate chocolate zucchini brownies are ready.
For this recipe, sugar was substituted for honey and coconut and cinnamon were added for extra fruity flavors. This recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your brownie cravings. How to make chocolate zucchini brownies Mix coconut oil with honey. Add vanilla extract, eggs, and already shredded zucchini and mix thoroughly. Next, gently add wheat flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt to form a brownie batter and pour into a pan. Throw some dark chocolate chips on the brownies. Bake and cool. Cut brownies into the desired shape and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini. Place into a mesh colander and squeeze it with a towel to get rid of excess moisture. Fluff it back up with a fork.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the zucchini.
- Stir together whole wheat pastry and spelt flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Pour the content of the larger bowl into the smaller bowl. Stir just until combined, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Serve and enjoy.
Serving suggestions: Serve these delicious chocolate zucchini brownies when are fresh from the oven. You can try them at room temperature or chilled, so the chocolate is rich and dense contrast to the super moist crumb.