We know you've heard that sugar is really hard to work with. And it can be, but not when you use this foolproof method for DIY Galaxy Rock Candy. It's pretty easy and the results are so cool! You can eat them, gift them, show them off--it's really fun! And you can mix it up. Don't want galaxy colors? Make it all one color, or swirl different colors for upcoming holidays. We will say, it helps to have a candy thermometer for this recipe, just so you can be really precise. Check it!
- Thoroughly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, sugar, and corn syrup. Stir to combine and heat to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. (It really helps to have a candy thermometer.)
- Quickly and gently pour sugar mixture onto grease baking sheet. Drop food coloring all over and swirl the colors around with a wooden chopstick. Allow the candy to cool until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Dust a clean surface with powdered sugar, remove rock candy from the baking sheet and break it over the powdered sugar. You can use your hands, a hammer--anything that will break it up!
- Serve DIY Galaxy Rock Candy and enjoy! You can also jar the candy and give it as a gift!