- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 (7-ounce) box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place almonds in an ungreased skillet over high heat. Shake continuously until lightly toasted. Transfer almonds to the plate to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated Odense Almond Paste and sugar. Beat on low until the texture of sand. Add butter and mix until very smooth.
- Whisk flour and salt together. Add to almond mixture and mix until combined.
- Press dough evenly into pan. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Beat until well-mixed. Stir in cooled almonds and spread over cooked crust.
- Bake an additional 16 to 18 minutes or until topping is set. Cool completely on the wire rack. Cut into bar size of choice.