This delicious bar has two layers: an almond shortbread crust with a rich, sticky-sweet almond topping that has the texture of pecan pie. It is delightfully indulgent.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place almonds in an ungreased skillet over high heat. Shake continuously until lightly toasted. Transfer almonds to the plate to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated Odense Almond Paste and sugar. Beat on low until the texture of sand. Add butter and mix until very smooth.
- Whisk flour and salt together. Add to almond mixture and mix until combined.
- Press dough evenly into pan. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Beat until well-mixed. Stir in cooled almonds and spread over cooked crust.
- Bake an additional 16 to 18 minutes or until topping is set. Cool completely on the wire rack. Cut into bar size of choice.