- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes , drained
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries , chopped
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 brioche buns , toasted
Have you tried Dr. Pepper Sloppy Joes before? This method makes a sweet type of sloppy joe, so add some hot sauce if you want a little kick. What a perfect meal to prepare for a party or a weeknight dinner! Trust us when we say they are super easy to make, and comes with a lot of flavors. With just a bite, you will be craving for more of Dr. Pepper in all your sauces.
You should try out this delicious dish. In these mouthwatering Dr. Pepper Sloppy Joes, the soda adds more sweetness and makes the sauce thick. Feel free to add another type of flavor and freshness by using cherry juice and maraschino cherries.
This trustworthy joe recipe has the perfect combination of sauce and spices. It will worth every minute of the time you are gonna spend on it; there is no way you won’t make it again. Do you know all you need to prepare this meal are just common pantry ingredients? Yes, that’s all you will need. It goes well with tater tots, baked potatoes, or french fries for an easy but filling meal. To prepare this dish, you will need ground beef, diced yellow onion, green bell pepper, kosher salt, ground black pepper, diced tomatoes, and chopped maraschino cherries.
Can you store it? Yes, you can. All you need to do is to place cooled Dr. Pepper Sloppy Joes in an airtight container and refrigerate. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- In a large skillet add the beef, onions, green bell peppers, salt and pepper, cooking well, breaking it apart but leaving some chunks for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the canned diced tomatoes, cherries, cherry juice, beef broth, bbq sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, cooking until the sauce starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes "sloppy", about 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, spoon the mixture onto the brioche buns. Enjoy yourself with this delicious meal.