- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
A cheesy and fun way to mix your mushrooms with chicken, there is no recipe that can go wrong that includes mushroom and cheese on it. So today we will be making an easy baked cheesy mushroom chicken, serve it with roasted vegetables, brown rice for that delicacy and a nice glass of wine.
This is a simple and easy recipe, we are just going to pass the chicken in a heated pan before we place it in the oven and you can cook your pasta, vegetables or rice while your chicken finished cooking, remember it’s pre-cooked so the baking time won’t be the same as uncooked meat. You don’t want to end up with overcooked and dry meat.
With just basic preparation and cooking, you will have a rich and juicy chicken breast, covered in mushrooms and melted cheese, no way to go wrong here.
We will need chicken breasts, 4 or more depending on the serving and crowd you need to feed. Italian seasoning, butter, sliced mushrooms, chicken broth, mozzarella cheese for our cheesy final touch, and parsley for garnish.
We just need our basic ingredients, an oven and pan to cook our chicken before we place it in the oven to bake. This can work as an easy prep meal for Sundays or those nights when we are too busy for long planning and prep. It is simple to season your chicken, brown it together with diced mushrooms and then place it in the oven. You can even eat it with leftover rice, or make a simple and nice salad to go with it.
This recipe can go well with anything, rice, pasta, saute vegetables, roasted, or even a simple salad. The cheese, chicken, and mushroom are versatile and fun ingredients that not only will work great on this recipe but will also make it it can work nicely with anything you have it with.
Cheesy, easy to make, a great way to start your day with this recipe, or even end it if you plan to make it for dinner. It will be done so quickly that you will have time to relax and plan your week ahead. Don’t look for long and tedious recipes, make this one and enjoy your time off.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add the Italian seasoning. Then, in a heated pan, add butter and let the breasts cook until brown on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms and the broth together and let it simmer. Once well cooked, and tender, remove it and place it on a baking dish.
- Place it on the heated oven, and let it bake for 15 minutes tops, remove and top it with the mozzarella cheese and place it back until the cheese has melted and chicken is well cooked. Adorn the cheese mushroom chicken with parsley.