- 1 large head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (or yellow curry powder)
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce (or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Have you tried Broccoli Raisin Salad? If you have not, you are really missing out! You and your family will love this broccoli salad! It is the kind of salad you will make over and over again. This Easy Broccoli Raisin Salad is the perfect way to make use of that broccoli lurking around your kitchen.
We love this easy summer salad with raisins that can sit without wilting. Do you need a go-to cold salad side dish? Try this versatile broccoli salad. There is no way you won’t enjoy it all summer long, in fact, you will get the kids to enjoy eating broccoli! Guess what? It only takes about 5 minutes to put together. Take this tasty and fresh broccoli raisin salad along with you for your picnic or potluck, and thank us later. Its subtle sweetness is enough to make you go wild. If you are a lover of broccoli salad, be sure to stay tuned, we are heading full speed ahead with a hearty food everyone will love!
What do you need to prepare this salad? You will need broccoli that has been steamed, or roasted- depending on how you want it. Also, you will need olive oil, minced garlic clove, masala or yellow curry powder, freshly squeezed lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and garlic chili sauce or red pepper flakes. Lastly, you will need chopped fresh cilantro, chopped pistachios, golden raisins, salt, and pepper to season it to taste. Let’s go have fun with this easy to make Easy Broccoli Raisin Salad!!!
- First of all, heat olive oil over medium heat, add masala or curry powder, garlic, and sauté until you notice the cloves of garlic are turning brown. Then remove it from heat and add vinegar, honey, lemon juice, garlic chili sauce, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Add golden raisins and set aside.
- Now, in a very large bowl, mix broccoli, cilantro, and pistachios together until they combined. Remember the dressing and golden raisin mixture you set aside? It is time to make use of it. Pour the dressing along with the raisin mixture into the bowl containing broccoli mixture and mix them together. Season it to taste with salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes.
- Finally, leave in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours. Guess what you need to do next? All you have left to do is to sit down, relax, and enjoy this broccoli raisin salad with any other dish of your choice. You can serve it with a chicken casserole, pulled pork, and red wine pot toast. It also goes well with sloppy joes, and BBQ pulled chicken. Feel free to make use of apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar in case white vinegar is not available. Although you might experience a slightly different flavor than white vinegar.
Note: If you want this broccoli salad to have more crunch, add some nuts or seeds right before serving. What happens if broccoli is not available? Do not panic, make use of cauliflower even though it will change the salad massively. For the golden raisins, any type of dried fruit will work, just ensure you chopped them into small pieces. Finally, you can substitute your olive oil with any other neutral oil, as long as the neutral oil flavor is what you like.