- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 (15-oz) can beans of your choice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced or shredded chicken
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, diced green or red onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and/or crumbled corn tortilla chips
Who wants a bowl of delicious chicken chili? Are you drooling from the incredible aromas and beautiful look of this brilliant dish? We bet you are! This dish really has it all – it is mouth-watering, gluten-free, and can be made under a very short time. If you’re the type that’s always on the go or you’re just too busy, this recipe is perfect for you – it takes only 30 minutes to make!
The chili flavors are great and just irresistible. This dish doesn’t just make your taste buds happy; it is also a good source of protein, thereby adding nutrients to your body. As we said, it really has it all! One great thing about this recipe is you can get creative with it. You can switch up ingredients or even use leftovers in your fridge. For instance, if you prefer turkey to chicken, feel free to swap them – your dish will still turn out great.
Some people like their food really spicy, so if you belong in that category include jalapeno peppers or hot sauce in the recipe. You can also add extra veggies such as carrots, eggplant, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, or celery. The kitchen is yours, so have some fun and play around with this recipe. Enjoy!
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, beans, chicken, diced green chiles, chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin, and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until the chili reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed. Serve immediately, piled high with all of your favorite toppings.