- 8 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup diced beets
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Usually, for the weekend we always want to come up with a fun and new recipe to impress our family, or a loved one or even your friends who you want to invite for a Sunday brunch. So we always look for something easy to make but that can feed a small crowd while being really delicious.
In this edition, we came with something that is easy to make but it is very versatile and affordable, you can make this with the leftovers in your fridge, vegetables, eggs and sausages, storage meat, and more. The good thing about The end of the week frittata is that you can cook it within 30 minutes and arrange it in less than 10. This means it can cook while you arrange the place, make a mimosa, or serve some wine glass for your guests.
You can add anything you want to the frittata, spice, vegetable, or seasoning. Anything you feel will add color and flavor to it. You are making sure nothing goes to waste in your fridge while delivering a tasty dish. Other ingredients nonconventional could be added to the frittata without hurting its flavor, like vegan cheese, fruit, yeast, starchy beans, and proteins.
As mentioned above you can use leftovers to make this frittata however some ingredients should be counted or measured to have a good balance in your frittata. You will need 8-10 eggs for it, vegetables of your choice, you can use pepper, beets, onions, chives and salt and pepper for seasoning. Other ingredients could be yeast, dijon mustard, tomatoes, cheese, you can add anything to it.
Frittatas are excellent for Sunday brunch or late breakfast, could even serve for a night snack. You could preserve it in the fridge and it will survive for another 4 days if it gets to that. You can enjoy this dish with some avocado, greens, and a bowl of quinoa, great companions for this healthy dish or you could even make it a sandwich choose your favorite bread and make a sandwich with a piece of this frittata.
Never again let anything in your fridge go to waste, gather everything, whisk it, saute vegetables and protein in an oiled skillet, and then let it bake for 30 minutes. You will have an amazing breakfast for one or for a whole week.
- Get the oven ready by setting it to 425 degrees F. Heat a medium-hot pan with oil, add garlic, onions,, black pepper salt, black pepper, and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Then add the remaining vegetables peppers, beets, and greens. Season with anything of preference and let it cook for 10 minutes until everything is tender. Remember they will cook once they are in the oven.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, mustard, yeast, and chives and beat it all together. Add the mix to a cast iron with the sauteed vegetables.
- Place the iron skillet in the oven and let it bake for 25-40 minutes or until airy. Serve in a glass container and get ready to eat.