Serves: 12 People
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 day-old bread, cut into bite-size pieces ( about 6 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped tomato
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F (191 C). Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan or similar size( about 3 quart) casserole dish.
- Layer the bread pieces, chopped bell pepper, tomatoes, and bacon into dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, mustard, cream cheese, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Pour evenly over bread mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing, and serving.
- Cover leftover casserole tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.