- 6 pounds pork butt, sliced 1-inch wide and ¼ thick
- 3 cups 7-up
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Rinse pork strips and drain well. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine 7-up, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic , black pepper, and red bell pepper.
- Add pork and massage meat to fully incorporate. Marinate, turning meat once or twice, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for the best results.
- Thread 2 to 3 meat slices onto each skewer.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 1 cup apple vinegar, garlic, ketchup and oil. Set aside.
- Grill meat kebabs over hot coals for about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- When pork starts to lose its pink, baste with ketchup mixture. Continue to grill and baste, turning on sides, until meat is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve as is or with spicy vinegar dip.
For the Spiced Vinegar Dip:
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, onion, ketchup, salt and pepper.