- 5 tablespoons Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoned Chicken Fry plus more for coating chicken
- ½ cup ice cold water
- 4 chicken thigh, boneless & skinless
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Favorite Belgian waffle recipe
- Make hot honey: Add honey and pepper flakes to a saucepan. Bring this to a simmer over medium heat, remove from heat and stir in apple cider vinegar. Cool to room temperature and transfer to a glass container straining out peppers if desired.
- Make the chicken: Preheat vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet or dutch oven to 350*F.
- Mix 5 tablespoons Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoned Chicken Fry batter mix and ½ cup ice cold water in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, add 1 cup of dry batter mix.
- Dip chicken thighs into the batter then coat chicken in dry Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoned Chicken Fry mix. (Adding more dry mix to bowl if necessary).
- Deep fry until golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165*, about 8-9 minutes.
- Serve fried chicken over your favorite wae recipe with lots of butter and drizzled with Hot Honey.