- 5 tbls. Butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tbls. Cocoa powder
- 6 cups rice krispie treats
- White royal icing, for decorating
- In a large pot, melt the butter then add in the mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows have fully melted into the butter.
- Add the cocoa powder into the melted butter and marshmallows then stir until combined.
- Working quickly, add in the rice krispies and begin to fold them into the chocolate marshmallow mixture.
- Once the rice krispies are evenly coated shaped them into footballs. Lightly coat your hands with flavorless oil then roll about ¼ cup of the rice krispie mix into a ball. Using your finger tips, shape the ball int an oval football shape then place on a sheet pan prepared with parchment paper. Repeat this process with the rest of the rice krispie treat mix. Allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours to over night.
- Once set, decorate the footballs with the royal icing to create the stitching design on the top of each fotball. Enjoy!