Serves: 2 People
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- Fresh cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 c. shredded provolone
- 1/4 c. shredded fontina
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking pan, set the squash cut side up. If your spaghetti squash does not sit level, make a little stand with foil by crunching it up into an oval bowl shape formed to the bottom of your spaghetti squash.
- Divide garlic, onion, black pepper, salt and shredded chicken between both empty cavities of the spaghetti squash.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove squash from oven and, using a fork, pull spaghetti squash away from the edges of the squash to easily shred it.
- Top both halves with cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly toasted.
- Top with chives (if desired) and serve immediately.