French Silk Pie is a dream come true for every lover of chocolate. This recipe is smooth and decadent. You’re gonna love the flaky pie crust, topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Ohh… Gosh! I don’t want to bore you with how delicious this recipe tastes. Just get your ingredients ready, and let’s go make our French Silk Pie! Trust me, you’re gonna love it! First thing first, start by making your pie crust, then the fillings and whipped cream.
Make the Crust:
Make the Filling:
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar together, in a food processor, until combined. Add butter and vegetable shortening, and process for 10 seconds.
- Add another flour and pulse until the mass of dough has been broken up, and the mixture is evenly distributed. Empty the mixture in a bowl, then sprinkle vodka and water over it.
- Press down on the dough (with a rubber spatula) until it’s slightly tacky and sticks together. Flatten the dough, wrap it in a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F then roll the dough on a floured work surface. Transfer and gently ease the dough into the pie plate.
- Wrap the dough-lined pie plate and refrigerate until the dough is firm (say 30 minutes). Crimp the dough around the edges and wrap the dough-lined pie plate loosely in the plastic wrap and refrigerate until it’s chilled and firm.
- Line the chilled pie shell with a double layer of aluminum foil and fill with pie weights. Bake, for about 15 minutes, until the pie dough looks dry and pale.
- Remove the foil and weights and continue to bake until the crust is a deep golden brown. Then place the pie plate on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Make the Whipped Cream:
- Pour the heavy cream into a bowl and whip until foamy. Increase the speed and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a bowl and refrigerate until needed. Melt your chocolate in a microwave until it’s smooth and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and water in a large heatproof bowl. Beat the egg mixture, on medium speed, until it turns pale yellow and thick. Then, warm the mixture over simmering low heat water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy. Cool to room temperature. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract to the cooled egg mixture and beat until it’s incorporated.
- Beat in the butter, few pieces at a time, until it’s well combined. Now, fold the whipped cream until no white streaks remain. Then scrape the filling into the pie shell and refrigerate for 3–24 hours.
- By beating heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract on medium speed until it just reaches stiff peaks. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie. Garnish it with chocolate curls.