Skip to content
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter for frying
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Tear each slice of bread into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll and smash each portion of bread into a tight ball.
- Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Dip each ball of bread into the egg mixture to lightly coat it.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Fry the 'nuggets' in the butter until golden brown. Depending on the pan size, this step may have to be done twice in order to cook all 'nuggets'.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a large zip-top bag.
- Place all of the cooked 'nuggets' into the cinnamon and sugar zip-top bag. Zip the top and shake to coat the 'nuggets'.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.