- Olive oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chili paste to taste, optional
- 12 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sheets fresh pasta
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese freshly grated
This fresh Pappardelle with spinach and spicy tomato sauce recipe is a beautifully tasteful dish. Made with fresh ingredients and a savory combination of flavors, it will be your new go-to staple.
Fresh pasta has long been a favorite comfort food of choice. Paired with flavorful cheese and thick, creamy sauce, it's simply irresistible. This is a classic Italian dish that is hard not to love. With fresh ingredients incorporated in the mix, it is also good for you.
Who doesn't love a good comfort food, filled with fresh, healthy ingredients? The colorful ingredients display a visually appealing meal. It's difficult to determine what's better, the intriguing look or the sweet aroma coming from this appetizing dish. One thing is for sure, the impeccable flavor trumps both. Substitutions may be easily made to suit your liking.
This can also be made with dry pasta or using another type of pasta, such as fettuccine or tagliatelle. Feel free to mix it up using your favorite greens as well. Quick and easy to prepare.
You can create this dish in approximately 30 minutes. It takes several ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen cabinet. It's very simple to make. Using minimal pans, it makes for an easy clean up once you're finished.
This is a perfect dish to make plenty of extra for, believe me, you will be wanting leftovers! Prepare this spectacular dish for dinner tonight, it is sure to be a favorite for years to come.
- Prep all the ingredients and bring a pot of water seasoned with a little salt to boil.
- Heat a medium sized fry or sauté pan (nonstick is preferable) over medium heat until hot. Add a drizzle of olive oil and when hot but not smoking, add the slice shallot and cook for one minute. Stir continuously so the shallot doesn't burn.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently. Add the chopped spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Add the tomato paste and as much chili paste or Srirach chili sauce as you like, to taste. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Add the halved tomatoes and ½cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Be sure to keep stirring so nothing burns.
- Fresh pasta cooks quickly and this pappardelle will only take around 3 minutes to cook so time it properly with vegetables.
- Reserve a ½ cup of pasta water for the sauce if needed and drain the pasta.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan of of cooked vegetables.
- Add about half the reserved pasta water to the pan to thin out the sauce. Let this all cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes while stirring to coat all the fresh pasta with sauce. If the sauce is still too thick, add a little more pasta water but don't make it too thin.
- Turn off the heat and add the creme fraiche. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Plate the pasta, vegetables and sauce and top with a little grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.