- 3 cups Spicy Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed
- 2 pound pepper jack cheese (block)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Crush Doritos so the consistency is similar to breadcrumbs. Pour in a bowl and add black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well to combine.
- Cut pepper jack cheese into 1/2 inch squares, then slice each square diagonally to make triangles.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of flour in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and begin assembling. Lightly coat the cheese in flour, then cover in egg wash. Finally, coat thoroughly with Doritos crumbs. Place coated cheese triangles on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the cheese has been coated. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Remove from freeze and heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry Doritos-covered cheese in oil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook or cheese will melt out.) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!