Did you know there's a way to make normal grilled cheese even more amazing? Because there is. Fried Grilled Cheese! Try it with pepper jack cheese for a bit of a kick, or really any cheese of your choice. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt. Add breadcrumbs to a large dish. Set aside.
- To build the grilled cheese: spread mayonnaise on both inside slices of bread and add two slices of cheese to each sandwich. Cut each sandwich into four triangular pieces.
- Dredge each sandwich quarter into the egg mixture, then coat thoroughly in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces have been coated. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Fill a deep pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Fry 2 to 4 sandwich quarters at a time, trying not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Then remove from the oil to a paper towel-lined plate or a cooling rack over a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Serve Fried Grilled Cheese with a dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!