If you've ever had fried ice cream at a restaurant and thought to yourself, "But how do they do it?!" We're here to tell you. And inspire you to make fried ice cream of your own, because it is delicious.
- Place large scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet and cover. Freeze for 2 hours or until very firm.
- In a shallow bowl, add crushed corn flakes, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add eggs to a separate bowl, beat lightly.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer. One at a time and working quickly, dip a scoop into the crumb mixture, then into the eggs, and then back into the crumb mixture completely covering the ice-cream scoops. Return ice cream to a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 more hours.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a small pot to 400 degrees. Remove ice cream from the freezer and fry immediately, dipping it into the oil for about 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, add toppings of your choice (Chocolate sauce? Whipped cream? Honey?), serve, and enjoy!