- 1 angel food cake, cubed
- 3/4 cup tequila of choice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine tequila and lime juice. Pour liquid over cubed Angel Food cake and use your hands to toss.
- Fry cake pieces in oil for about 2 minutes, flipping halfway through so both sides fry evenly. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve Fried Tequila Shots, and enjoy!