- 1 cup 2% or whole milk + 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cereal milk
- ½ cup avocado oil (can sub canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup dry Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal
- 1 recipe Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
In every household, milk and cereal is usually available, so why not have fun and incorporate it into something new? This cake recipe is for every lover of Fruity Pebbles! If you aren’t a lover, please try it out. A bite might convince you. Fruity Pebbles Cake Cereal Milk, not only is this recipe fantastic, but it is also very delicious. It can make you forget all your worries in a jiffy. This recipe – takes time, but it is straightforward to make. And the result thereof is worth the time. Therefore, get your ingredients and equipment ready. Let’s go have Fruity Pebbles Cake Cereal Milk FUN (winks)!
The two primary processes involved are making the cereal milk and baking the fruity pebbles cake. First, let’s start with how you make your cereal milk.
- The cereal milk is made by combining milk and crushed fruity pebbles. They should be stirred and steeped for about 15 – 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Once the milk is colored with the cereal, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, collecting the milk in a measuring cup (or any container) and discard the cereal.
- A pinch of salt and brown sugar should be added into the milk and stirred.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 9 square pan with non-stick spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Whisk the dry ingredients, i.e., gluten-free flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Also, whisk the wet ingredients, i.e., the prepared cereal milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar, using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Pour the cereal milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until it’s combined.
- Add half of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold the egg whites in. When the egg whites are mostly incorporated, add the remaining egg whites. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until fully incorporated and no white streaks remain.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle Fruity PEBBLE cereal over the top of the cake evenly. Bake the cake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until it’s done. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- After cooling, frost with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and decorate the top with some new Fruity PEBBLES cereal.
Note: Don’t push the cereal through the sieve, just let it drain out.
Note: The cereal milk will be used in place of milk in cake recipes.
Note: If you’ve got some leftover from the cereal milk, do not discard it. Simply turn it to fruity pebbles milk punch. Just add bourbon and vanilla extract with some ice cubes to the cereal milk and shake until frothy! Garnish with a dollop of chilled cream and cereal. Tasty, right?