- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- ⅓ cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- Vegan whipped cream
Add a delightful burst of color to your morning breakfast with these tasty, vegan funfetti waffles. Healthy and eye-catching, these are the perfect way to start your day. The vivid colors are sure to wake you up, ready to tackle your day. Add even more color with some sprinkles!
The kids will most definitely love these for their bright display. It's practically a party on a plate, and sure to please a crowd. Brilliant for birthdays, holidays and special events; as if you needed a reason to make them! Mix it up a bit to make it even better! Throw in some fresh fruit, whipped cream or even a drizzle of chocolate. If you dare, turn it into a dessert with some scrumptious ice cream. Who says you can't have breakfast for dessert? Or vice versa!
The recipe is ever so simple to follow. All you need is a few everyday ingredients, a waffle iron and about 25 minutes of your time. You can even substitute the ingredients as you like for a healthier plate. Make them with organic ingredients, agave instead of sugar, or even sugar-free! Consider making them ahead of time too, if you like you can even store them in the freezer until you're ready to indulge. Simply pop them in the toaster and they're ready to serve. Treat yourself and your family to these lovely waffles today. One thing is for sure, it's a meal that won't soon be forgotten. Your tummy, and everyone else will thank you!
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or in a bowl with a whisk or hand mixer, beat aquafaba until light and foamy and resembles whipped egg whites.
- Add in oil, almond milk, vanilla extract to the bowl to mixer and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in sprinkles until well incorporated. Grease waffle iron and ladle or scoop batter onto the iron.
- Close and cook until the waffle is golden brown about 4-5 mins. Carefully remove wafffle from the iron and repeat.Serve waffles with vegan whipped cream or fresh fruit.