- 6-8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice from ½ lemon
All we do is pick up fresh peaches from our local grocery store or farmer's market and, in an hour’s time, an amazing dessert will pop out of the oven. If fresh peaches aren’t an option, then grab a bag of frozen peach slices, but if available, fresh is best. Peaches are already sweet on their own, but a couple more ingredients take them from sweet to "peachy." Our recipe is about as easy as it gets.
The hardest part is peeling the peaches, but knowing the sweet reward that lies at the end of this labor of love is all the motivation we need. Everything about this channels the best of summertime goodness. Serve it warm or cold, topped with whipped cream or our family’s personal favorite: vanilla bean ice cream. Peach cobbler a la mode soooo good, and that cool and creamy vanilla slowly melting over the top...mouth watering and wonderful. Summer fruits are good on their own, but why not sweeten them up a bit - a cobbler is just the place to do it!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour melted butter into center of 9x13-inch baking dish, do not spread butter around pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Slowly pour in milk and vanilla extract, and stir to combine. Pour batter over butter, but do not stir.
- Add brown sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a saucepan on high heat. Stir frequently until sugar is completely melted and peaches have released their juices.
- Pour peaches over top of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top of cobbler is a golden in color.
- Serve warm or cold, or with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!