- (7-ounce) box Odense Almond Paste
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup round rainbow sprinkles (nonpareils), plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, beat butter on high for 3 minutes, until soft and light colored. Add grated Odense Almond Paste, sugar and vanilla extract, beating on low until combined. Turn speed up to high and beat for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Gently fold in flour and rainbow sprinkles until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly press dough onto baking sheet, making a 10x10-inch square of even thickness. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lift dough (with parchment) from pan and cut into 1/2 inch squares using a sharp knife. Brush bites with milk and top with more rainbow sprinkles if desired.
- Gently place the bites onto an unlined, un-buttered baking sheet, 1/2 inch apart. Return unused dough to refrigerator to firm up, if necessary. Repeat 2 to 3 times, depending on the size of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly colored. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until bites are cool enough to handle without breaking.
- Serve and enjoy! Pro-tip: these cookies make the perfect holiday treat or gift!