- 10 ounces macaroni
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2) To a food processor or blender add avocados, cilantro, basil, garlic powder, paprika, 1/2 cup almond milk, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
3) Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour until combined, making sure no lumps form. Stir in garlic. Slowly add in 1 1/4 cups almond milk, whisking constantly over medium-high heat. Whisk in nutritional yeast until combined. Continue whisking until sauce starts to thicken.
4) When sauce thickens, remove from heat and stir in avocado mixture. Pour in macaroni and mix until fully coated.
5) Serve, topped with sun-dried tomatoes if desired and enjoy!