- 1 pound scallops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt about 1 tablespoon of butter. Add scallops to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook scallops for about 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in skillet. Stir in garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, and diced bacon. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Cook together, stirring frequently, for about two minutes.
- Add scallops to pan, stirring until coated in garlic butter sauce. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!